University of Idaho faculty, staff and students are invited to a 90-minute training session on handling disclosures of interpersonal violence from students with considerations for cultural diversity via Zoom.
After attending this training, you will gain:
• An understanding of your obligations as a university employee, Title IX processes;
• Increased confidence in handling disclosures;
• Increased knowledge of the ways student’s intersecting identities can impact this process & experience;
• Increased knowledge of the barriers culturally diverse students may face regarding these issues and ways to diminish them
• Increased knowledge of resources and referrals;
• Increased knowledge of after-the-fact self-care.
This opportunity is open to all University of Idaho employees. Bring your questions and concerns! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. The training is hosted by Violence Prevention Programs, the Office of Civil Rights & Investigations, and the LGBTQA Office.